Safety precautions during Installation
It is very important that you inform us if anyone in your household or bubble is ill or displaying any symptoms of Corona virus. We are only booking installations a week ahead, so if you need to push the installation back a week or two that is not a problem.
We are following Government guidance and are working as a small bubble.
- Please open windows prior to our arrival and move furniture from directly in front of the windows if possible?
- We are unable to wear a face mask during the installation due to the physical nature of the work so will ask you to remain in another part of the house once you let us in.
- We will use hand sanitiser throughout the day at regular intervals.
- Once the installation is complete, I will invite you to come and see the finished shutters and demonstrate how to use and maintain them. We ask that everyone in the room wears a face mask at this stage.
- There is no need to offer us anything to drink whilst we are in your home as we will bring our own.
Current lead times (during the pandemic)
Traditionally we see inflated lead times at this point in the calendar to @ 12 weeks as Chinese New Year (and the subsequent factory closures), lead to a backlog of orders from around the world. This usually get back to a normal level @ 7-9 weeks by April.
Unfortunately, this year, the lead times are increased further and current estimates are around 12 weeks. As of 22nd March lead times are improving steadily. This reflects the hugely increased volume of freight travelling by sea (opposed to by Airfreight, which has seen costs more than double due to the limited number of flights in operation during the pandemic). More ships than ever are carrying the maximum number of containers, which is leading to congestion in ports around the world, meaning containers are taking additional time to off-load, process and release through customs.
Due to these delays, our supplier will only advise us of our expected delivery dates for each consignment once goods have left the port. This way we can be certain when we book your installation date your shutters will be arriving on time and without further delay.